Dept. of Chemistry University of Toronto
80 St. George Street
Ontario, M5S 3H6
PH: 1 (416) 9783564
Fax: 1 (416) 9788775
Visit Dept. of Chemistry University of Toronto Website
Request Quote for Further Information
The Department of Chemistry located in the University of Toronto, is one of the leading and recognized institutions in Canada. Established in 1859, our department takes pride in its teaching excellence, advanced research facilities and its development of distinguished scientists in the past and for the future.
With 50 faculty members, 30 staff and 200+ graduate and postdoctoral students, our department focuses on the following research areas:
- analytical chemistry,
- biological and organic chemistry,
- chemical physics,
- environmental chemistry,
- inorganic chemistry,
- physical chemistry and
- polymer and material chemistry.
Interdiscplinary research is also available with the medical sciences and engineering faculties.
The departmental has a wide variety of services including a library, chemical stores, electronics and computing facility, glassblowing shop, machine shop, general stores, NMR lab, Mass Spectrometry lab and a X-Ray analysis lab.
Located in the Lash Miller Chemical Laboratories (on the southwest corner of Willcocks St. and St. George St) the buildings incorporate undergraduate lecture rooms and labs, and graduate research offices and labs. Other research groups and equipment are found at the Erindale and Scarborough campuses to the west and and east of Toronto respectively.