The Quanta SEM is a versatile high performance, low-vacuum scanning electron microscope with a tungsten electron source, with three imaging modes (high vacuum, low vacuum and ESEM) to accommodate the widest range of samples of any SEM system.
- Seamless "point and click" transition between imaging modes
- Superior low vacuum, low kV imaging
- Simultaneous secondary electron (SE) and back-scattered electron (BSE) imaging in low vacuum mode
- Allows for in-situ dynamic experiments
- True surface (SE) imaging in all vacuum modes and voltages
- Easy-to-use, four quadrant/single quadrant user interface
Features and Use
The Quanta is easy to use. Its four-quadrant image display simultaneously provides surface information and phase distribution through the live imaging of secondary electron (SE) and back-scattered electron (BSE) images. A single mouse click switches imaging modes.
The low vacuum detectors are not sensitive to light generated during sample heating, so in-situ dynamic heating experiments can be imaged and recorded live at temperatures up to 1500° C.
The Quanta is a versatile system, which can be equipped with various analytical systems such as EDS, WDS and EBSD.
The Quanta SEM is available with three different stage sizes: 6'' (150 mm), 4'' (100 mm) or 2'' (50 mm).
Source: FEI Company
For more information on this source please visit FEI Company