Kelvin Nanotechnology was created in 1997 to facilitate the commercialisation of the world-class technology and expertise in the Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering at the University of Glasgow.
Kelvin Nanotechnology is a Scottish based enterprise with a world wide customer base of over fifty clients. Kelvin Nanotechnology provides a wide range of R&D and prototyping services. Core facilities include molecular beam epitaxy wafer growth, electron beam lithography, nano-imprint lithography, reactive ion etching and thin film deposition, fully equipped clean rooms with mask aligners for photolithography, wire bonding, design and test labs for lasers and DC-to-110 GHz on-wafer electrical testing.
This complete set of semiconductor fabrication & processing tools is operated by an experienced team of researchers, making Kelvin Nanotechnology an excellent choice to subcontract the R&D needs of SMEs, large companies and Universities across the world.
Kelvin Nanotechnology encourages collaborative projects and is currently active in the areas of:
High Resolution Lithography
The electron beam lithography facility is equipped with two state of the art machines capable of writing extremely high resolution patterns. This capability can be used to produce both single levels of extreme resolution patterning and complex multi-layered devices with high accuracy pattern alignment.
Kelvin Nanotechnology also offers Nanoimprint Lithography services using an Obducat NIL NanoImprinter.
Kelvin Nanotechnology offers a full device prototyping service, and has a world wide client base. Kelvin Nanotechnology has the ability to perform every aspect of prototype development from modelling, through design and fabrication, to testing of the device.
These services can be accessed in full or in part depending on client needs.
Kelvin Nanotechnology has a range of facilities that are available. These include:
· Reactive Ion Etching
· Optical Lithography
· Analysis and Inspection
· Leica Cambridge EBPG5 HR100
· Jeol CX100
· Obducat NIL 2.5 NanoImprinter
Reactive Ion Etching
· 6 RIE etch tools with end point detection
· ICP deep silicon etch tool
· PECVD Si02 and SiNx Deposition
· Si, III-V, II-VI, dielectric and metal etch technology
· Damage free technology
· RIE damage modelling
· Reflectometry end point modelling
Molecular Beam Epitaxy
· 2 Varian Gen II solid source MBE systems for In, Ga, A1, N, As on GaAs and InP
· Extensive photolithography capability
· Purpose built cleanroom facilities
· Full range of metal evaporators and sputterers
· Wet chemical micromaching
Analysis & Inspection
· Hitachi S800, S900, S3000 & S4700 SEMs
· Digital Instruments Dimension AFM
· Electrical and optical characterisation tools
· DC-110GHz electrical characterisation