Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer™ (SMPS) spectrometers from TSI are the standard by which all submicrometer particle sizers are compared. They employ a continuous, fast-scanning technique to provide high-resolution measurements quickly.
Figure 1. Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer spectrometers provide high-resolution particle-size measurements.
Series 3936 Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer
TSI Series 3936 systems feature a versatile Series 3080 Electrostatic Classifier and your choice of Condensation Particle Counter (CPC). The end result is unmatched flexibility due to the many configurations possible. Collectively, SMPS systems measure particles from 2.5 to 1000 nm and display data using up to 167 actual size channels (up to 64 channels per decade).
Model 3034 Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer
The Model 3034 Scanning Mobility Particle Sizer (SMPS) spectrometer from TSI is a simple alternative to multicomponent systems. It houses an Electrostatic Classifier and a Condensation Particle Counter in the same cabinet. The integrated design means easy transport and quick set up. The Model 3034 SMPS measures aerosol particles in the size range from 10 to 487 nm. It displays data using 54 size channels (32 channels per decade).
Submicrometer Particle Sizing
TSI offers many choices for applications involving submicrometer particle sizing. See detailed descriptions for Series 3936 systems and Model 3034.
Features and Benefits
• High-resolution measurements of ultrafine particles
• Component and single-box options for specific measurement needs
• Choice of CPC and DMA (Series 3936 systems only) provides the ultimate in sizing flexibility
• Basic aerosol research
• Nanotechnology research
• Atmospheric and climate studies
• Indoor-air-quality measurements
• Pollution studies
• Smog chamber evaluations
• Aerosol dynamics
• Combustion and engine exhaust studies
• Materials synthesis
• Filter efficiency testing
• Nucleation/condensation studies
• Inhalation toxicology studies
• Characterization of sprays, powders, and other generated aerosols
• Mobile aerosol studies
• Long-term unattended environmental monitoring
• Aerosol Instrument Manager® software