Vertical Dimension Analysis
of a Microfluidic Device
Lateral Dimension Analysis of a
The Zeta-200 System from Zeta
The emerging technology of microfluidics enables the control of very small
quantities of liquids. Microfluidics devices have spurred a wide variety of new
applications in biotechnology. The devices include channels, wells, and control
structures fabricated in materials such as silicon, glass, or polymer.
Zeta-200 Automated 3D Metrology System makes it easy to image and analyze
- See through transparent layers to image wells.
- Measure dimensions from sub-micron to over a millimeter.
- Handle high roughness and low reflectivity surfaces.
Vertical Dimension Analysis of a Microfluidic Device
image of a fully open channel.
image of a similar channel with a transparent cover plate, showing top, middle
and bottom surfaces.
height analysis of the open channel.
of the multi-surface image, showing the cover plate thickness (93.4 μm) and
channel depth (59.2 μm).
Lateral Dimension Analysis of a Microfluidic Device
of a structured microfluidic channel, showing the heights of two adjacent
Image courtesy of IMTEK, Laboratory for MEMS
Applications, Freiburg, Germany.
in the X and Y dimensions of an open well structure next to a covered
The well outer diameter is 505.4 μm, inner diameter 310.5 μm, and
channel width 102.9 μm.
The Zeta-200 System from Zeta Instruments
200 Automated 3D Measurement System provides true color imaging of complex
surfaces in less than one minute per site.
Zeta 3D Software analyzes 2D or 3D images:
- Step height
- Surface roughness
- Feature size, diameter, area, and volume
- Multi-surface analysis for transparent features
- 3D surface visualization
Zeta-200 supports production use:
- Multi-site measurements with statistics
- Recipe-based measurement definitions
- Automated data and image export
- High-brightness white LED light source
- XY stage with 200mm x 200mm travel
- 30mm total vertical travel
- Multiple FOV configurations available
- Intel Core2 Duo processor with 3GB RAM, 320 GB disk, and widescreen LCD
z res (microns)
|XY res (microns)
|FOV 1 (microns)
|FOV 2 (microns)
|Accuracy ±2.5 Repeatability 1.5% (1
Source: Zeta Instruments
For more information on this source please visit Zeta