Table of ContentsIntroduction Assay Research Skill Set Conclusion About BBInternational
Flexibility is major feature of the assay development services of BBInternational. The fully phased approach of BBInternational helps customers to evaluate feasibility or proof of principle before committing to a full-scale development programme. This is especially useful when preliminary data and prototypes are needed for funding or grant applications.
BBInternational have a committed and experienced research and development team to support the design of an assay. The assay will be developed based on BBInternational’s range of existing off-the-shelf platforms or the customer’s choice of innovative platforms available in the market. Once the development process is completed, the case history is handed over to the customer so that he “owns” the test, a service offering provided only by BBInternational. When one chooses to outsource assay research, design, and development to BBI, one can be sure that BBI will work with them through every step of the development process. The company has excellent customer communication practices, and regular project updates enables the company to share its knowledge with the customer’s team and offers training and advice on all aspects of lateral flow development.
Assay Research Skill Set
BBInternational’ s assay research skill set includes:
- All assay formats, antibody or antigen sandwich, competitive, quantitative tests/readers and multi-analyte experience
- Developing two fully quantitative devices
- Converting EIA to rapid tests
- All forms of sample matrix
- Assay design to ensure robust R2R manufacture
- Ab/Ag purification: FPLC, HPLC, Affinity, fragmentation, size exclusion
- Conjugation such as colloid, latex, fluorescence
- Hapten manufacture
- Recombinant Ab experience
- Assay Robustness, FMEA, Reduced Factorial Experimental Design
The assay development service of BBI has been set out in stages in order to offer complete flexibility and accountability to each customer’s individual needs.
A typical development programme will involve a twelve to twenty four month timescale and will work as follows:
- Phase 1 – Feasibility
- Phase 2 - Assay Optimization and Design Verification
- Phase 3 - Scale up to production
- Phase 4 - Assay validation/production
- Phase 5 - Product Launch
BBInternational is recognized globally for the design and manufacture of superior quality gold reagents applied within lateral flow rapid diagnostic tests for the 'Point of Care' (POC) market. BBInternational offers its unique 'in-house' recipe gold colloid to a major player in the global diagnostics marketplace with a reputation for its superior quality reagents, assay development, and contract manufacturing services.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by BBInternational.
For more information on this source, please visit BBInternational.