The latest X-ray diffraction system from PANalytical is based on the totally renewed X’Pert platform. The system features compliance with stringent and recent X-ray, on-board electronics and motion safety norms with advancements in eco-friendliness and reliability.
The system offers an economic solution for increased throughput phase identification and quantification, high quality, grazing incidence refraction, X-ray reflectometry, residual stress analysis, pair distribution function analysis, small angle X-ray scattering and non-ambient diffraction.
The key features of X’Pert³ Powder are:
- X’Pert³ Powder makes use of the same control electronics as the Empyrean platform, offering ultimate system flexibility for future applications and services. Also the X’Pert³ Powder complies with the latest and most stringent safety norms. The X’Pert³ Powder makes use of the patented corrosion-resistant incident smart beam path (CRISP) technology.
- CRISP prevents X-ray-induced corrosion on any of the incident beam path components, from the X–ray tube, tube housing to incident beam optics. Combined with the lead-free tube tower and PANalytical’s eco-friendly tube disposal policy, this guarantees ‘green’ operation. Also by preventing the X-ray-induced corrosion, CRISP maximizes the uptime of your investment.
- The X’Pert³ Powder comes with a full 3kW generator, which offers high-intensity and up to 5 times faster data collection than typical benchtop systems (or up to 3 times faster than 1kW systems).
- The new X’Pert³ Powder, guaranteeing maximum uptime is the use of pneumatic shutters and beam attenuators. The X’Pert³ Powder is an economical solution for multipurpose X-ray diffraction platforms with unsurpassed versatility.
- Non-ambient chambers are available that can cool samples down to 12K or heat up to 2300°C. Also strain stages and high-pressure stages are available.
- The X’Pert³ Powder can be equipped with either point or line detectors. A highly cost-effective detector is the sealed Xe proportional detector, while our scintillation detector is very suited for hard radiation applications such as pair distribution function analysis.
The applications of X’Pert³ Powder are:
- Pair distribution function
- Quantitative XRD, respirable silica dust analysis
- Easy and fast analysis of complex street drugs
- Technological solution for combating counterfeit drugs
- Supporting the pharmaceutical industry with 21 CFR Part 11 compliance readiness