The Axios is a low-power (1kW) wavelength dispersive XRF (WDXRF) spectrometer designed on the rugged and proven Axios instrument platform. It has been designed for entry-level applications where WDXRF precision is needed but sample throughput is low.
The Axios features an internal cooling system that eliminates the need of an external chiller needed for higher power systems. The system features minimal noise, is thermally stable and is dust resistant. It achieves an output of 20-60kV and 10-50 mA due to proven SST tube technology.
The key features of the Axios are:
- It achieves high accuracy and precision as of higher power spectrometers and is suitable for customers that need high performance and who do not want the inconvenience of a water chiller.
- Duplex detector for enhanced sensitivity and wider dynamic range for transition metal analysis
- A range of collimators and analyzing crystals for high resolution, sensitivity or element range, such as the company’s laterally curved crystals for the analysis of elements like Al to Cl
- Direct loading mode reduces sample changer loading time to reduce the total analysis time per sample
- Dust removal device removes dust from samples during the loading process to bring down the introduction of dust into the sample analysis area and maximize instrument uptime
- CHI-BLUE X-ray tube window coating for high X-ray tube durability and resistance to corrosion
- A sample changer bar code reader option allows quick, fault-free sample loading and data entry
- 3-position programmable collimator masks for studying a wide range of sample sizes from 27mm to 37mm
- Complete suite of application setup modules, for example cement (CEMOXI), wide-range oxides (WROXI), polymers (ADPOL, TOXEL, RoHS), metals (NiFeCo-FP, Cu-base) and a wide range of petrochemical applications
The applications of the Axios are:
- Analysis of toxic elements in polymers using TOXEL standards
- Analysis of total chlorides in alumina-supported catalysts UOP 979
- Analysis of major and minor elements in Ferrosilicon
- Analysis of low-level sulfur in petroleum products based ISO 20884:04, ASTM D2622-10-1 and ISO 20884:04, ASTM D2622-10
- Analysis of low-level concentrations of lead in gasoline based on ASTM D5059-07 test method C