Telos is an excellent microfluidic system that enables parallel microfluidic processes that include micro-particle production, emulsion generation, high throughput mixing and micro-reactions. It has a scalable, modular and highly flexible technology that enables the production of litres of droplets or particles with excellent control and performance benefiting a broad range of applications.
Each of the Telos modules contains a Telos microfluidic chip having a typical flow output of 3ml/min of droplet-in-water. A linear scale-up of up to 30ml/min is obtained by stacking together up to 10 modules.
Dolomite offers two types of module based on the customer’s choice of flow collection. With the standards Telos system-edge collection, it is possible to place a fluid reservoir below the chips so that the emulsion can be collected in a bulk solution. This configuration is recommended for viscous fluids and prevents droplet coalescence.
Alternatively, the Telos system - tube collection enables collection of the output into a downstream tubing permitting introduction of flow resistance downstream of the chip and easier visual access with a microscope.
The key features of the microfluidic system Telos are:
- High throughput microfluidics is possible
- Tool - free system set up
- Scalable with up to 10 chips in parallel
- Various configurations possible to suit many application
- Wide temperature and pressure range
- Very good chemical compatibility
- Optical access above and below chip
- Excellent flow control during priming and operation
Telos finds applications in industries such as pharmaceutical, food, agrochemical, cosmetics and research, which include:
- High throughput emulsion and foam generation
- DNA, cell and bead encapsulation
- Parallel micromixing and micro-reactions
- Microparticle and nanoparticle synthesis
- Novel product formulation