The Möbiuζ® makes reliable, reproducible, and non-destructive electrophoretic mobility and zeta potential measurements of macromolecules smaller than 2 nm in radius, as well as micron-size nanoparticles, in most aqueous buffers. Thanks to an innovative, highly sensitive electro-optical design incorporating 31 parallel detectors, the Möbiuζ characterizes even fragile biomolecules non-destructively at low applied voltage. An integrated dynamic light scattering (DLS) detector provides simultaneous size measurements in order to monitor potential sample degradation, and to determine zeta potential or surface charge.
The Möbiuζ interfaces with a standard autosampler for increased productivity and unattended overnight, multi-sample analyses. The Atlas™ flow cell pressurization system extends the range of accurate, repeatable mobility measurements to difficult samples such as proteins in high-salt buffers up to 1 M NaCl. The flow cell volume is just 170 µL, while the sample volume required with the manually-loaded dip cell is as small as 65 µL.
- Mobility: particles from 2 nm to 50 µm, in a pressurizable flow cell or manual dip cell
- Range of hydrodynamic radius Rh: 0.2 nm to 5000 nm in the flow cell, and 0.2 to 200 nm in the dip cell or quartz cuvette
- Sensitivity: 0.05 mg/mL lysozyme (DLS), 1 mg/mL lysozyme (mobility/zeta potential)
- Temperature range: 4°C to 70°C
- DYNAMICS® software enables a comprehensive set of analyses for macromolecules and nanoparticles including size, size distributions, zeta potential and net charge.