The Eclipse™ DualTec solves the most difficult separation, fractionation and sizing tasks for macromolecules, nanoparticles and colloids. It offers a routine method to complement size exclusion chromatography (SEC), with a separation range of 1 nm to 1000 nm. Combined with a Wyatt DAWN® or miniDAWN™ MALS detector and Optilab® T-rEX™ refractive index detector, the Eclipse DualTec offers a uniquely versatile solution providing characterization of absolute molar mass and size as well as conformation and conjugation.
- The DualTec supports both Hollow-Fiber Flow-FFF (HF5) and Asymmetric Flow-FFF (AF4) techniques, as well as SEC. Furthermore, it supports software switching between two separation channels, e.g. SEC and AF4, or SEC and HF5, enhancing rather than simply replacing standard analytical capabilities.
- The entire system is based on industry-standard liquid chromatography components.
- The Eclipse DualTec uses an open separation channel with no stationary phase and very little surface area, and therefore generates almost no shear that can degrade sensitive samples.
- Since very litte surface area is involved, adverse interactions between the sample and surfaces are minimized relative to sizing columns.
- Its resolution is similar to that of analytical ultracentifugation; however, it surpasses even this benchmark-sizing tool when one considers its flexibility, speed, and ease of use.
- HF5 is similar to AF4, except that the separation channel is far smaller, resulting in fast, nL-scale separations over a similar size range, outperforming UHPLC-SEC in many regards.
- The Eclipse DualTec integrates seamlessly with various market-leading HPLC packages, such as Agilent, Thermo Scientific and Shimadzu, utilizing high-quality pumps, degassers, autosamplers and UV detectors while replacing just the column with an AF4 or HF5 channel.
- The chassis can be ordered in three versions: for aqueous solvents (biocompatible), for organic solvents, and in a metal-free version.