The Optilab UT-rEX (UHPLC refractometer with EXtended range), available from Wyatt Technology, is the first refractive index detector intended for coupling with UHPLC systems that uses columns packed with small beads.
The UT-rEX uses miniaturized components, cutting-edge semiconductor photodiode technology and proprietary computer algorithms.
The key features of the Optilab UT-rEX UHPLC Refractometer are:
- The linearity of the UT-rEX over a wide range of time coupled with high sensitivity for samples that are not UV active, makes it an exciting addition to a UHPLC system.
- Considering the small peak volumes of UHPLC, band broadening in the UT-rEX is kept extremely low, at less than 4 µL, especially compared with the 20-40 µL of other RI detectors.
- No compromising superior resolution of UHPLC columns and instruments with the UT-rEX RI detector.
- The instrument does not require setting the gain or measuring range.
- The full measuring range of instrument detection is always available, and the full sensitivity exists over the entire range. The small flow cell and proprietary temperature regulation allow stable RI baselines and signals which further support the detector’s sensitivity.
- The new Optilab UT-rEX can be operated at room temperature. No hassle temperature control can be programmed down to 4°C or as high as 50°C.
- The Optilab UT-rEX is compatible with all UHPLC systems.