PANalytical has introduced X’Pert³ Powder, a new X-ray diffraction system based on the new, improved X’Pert platform. The system is eco-friendly, reliable and complies with strict X-ray and motion safety norms.
The X’Pert³ Powder utilizes the patented corrosion-resistant incident smart beam path (CRISP) technology that eliminates X-ray-induced corrosion on incident beam path components, from the tube housing, X–ray tube to incident beam optics.
The X’Pert³ Powder offers a low-cost solution for increased throughput and high quality phase identification and quantification, non-ambient diffraction, grazing incidence diffraction, small-angle X-ray scattering, residual stress analysis, pair distribution function analysis, and X-ray reflectometry.
The main features of X’Pert³ Powder are:
- Future-proof, eco-friendly, maximum uptime - X’Pert³ Powder uses the same control electronics as the Empyrean platform, offering ultimate system flexibility for future applications and services. Furthermore, the X’Pert³ Powder complies with the latest and most stringent safety norms.
- Patented corrosion-resistant incident smart beam path (CRISP) technology
- Second generation PreFIX implemented from the Empyrean platform offers excellent versatility
- Beam attenuators and pneumatic shutters ensure maximum uptime
- Comes with a full 3kW generator that provides high-intensity and faster data collection than standard benchtop systems
- Non-ambient chambers cool samples down to 12K or heat up to 2300°C
- High-pressure stages and strain stages available
- Wide range of detectors available
The applications of X’Pert³ Powder are:
- In situ studies
- Microdiffraction on very small spots
- Phase identification and quantification of powders
- Characterization of structure at the nanoscale
- Measurement of thickness and quality of thin film structures
- Transmission powder diffraction