The NETZSCH LFA 457 MicroFlash® complies with the latest technology for modern laser flash systems. LFA 457 MicroFlash® allows measurements from -125°C to 1100°C using two different user-exchangeable furnaces.
The innovative infrared sensor technology employed in the system enables measurement of the temperature increase on the back surface of the sample, even at temperatures of -125°C.
LFA 457 MicroFlash® can be used for small and large sample sizes of up to 25.4 mm diameter and, with the integrated sample changer, measurements can be run on several samples at the same time.
The vacuum-tight design enables tests under defined atmospheres.
The vertical arrangement of the sample holder, furnace and detector simplifies sample placement and, as no mirrors are used, guarantees an optimum signal-to-noise ratio of the detector signal.
The most comprehensive LFA software including patented solutions for Laserpulse mapping and evaluation routines for single and multilayer samples completes this universal flash diffusivity system.
The LFA 457 MicroFlash® is the most up-to-date and versatile LFA system for research and development and for all applications involving characterization of standard and high-performance materials in automobile manufacturing, aeronautics, astronautics and energy technology.
Key Technical Data
- Temperature range: -125°C to 500°C, RT to 1100°C, (2 exchangeable furnace types)
- Heating- and cooling rates: 0.01 K/min to 50 K/min
- Laser pulse energy: up to 18 J/pulse, (adjustable power)
- Measuring range: 0.01 mm2/s to 1000 mm2/s (thermal diffusivity)
- Measuring range: 0.1 W/mK to 2000 W/mK (thermal conductivity)
- Sample dimensions: 10 mm to 25.4 mm diameter (also 8x8 mm and 10x10 mm, square) 0.1 mm to 6 mm thickness
- Sample holder: SiC, graphite Liquid metal holder: sapphire - Sample holder for liquids: platinum
- Atmosphere: inert, oxidizing, reducing, static, dynamic
- Vacuum-tight assembly - up to 10-2 mbar (1 Pa)