ThinFilmID for the in-situ measurement of composition and thickness of thin
films down to 1nm in the SEM.
ThinFilmID uses Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectrometry (EDS) to measure the composition
and thickness of layers in a thin film structure.
This technique has a unique combination of advantages that offer real benefits
to customers both in terms of speed, optimisation of methods and ease of use.
- Spatially resolved measurements - analyse a specific point on a sample
- Excellent nano-scale lateral resolution - controlled by the interaction
volume and only few hundred nm at low kV
- Measure the composition and /or thickness of the layers
- Measures layers from <1nm to >2000nm
- Measure structures with up to 7 layers plus substrate with up to 16 elements.
- Unique Solvability and Simulation tool for simple optimization of data
- Non-destructive technique with no need to cross-section structures
- Minimal sample preparation = time and cost savings
- Works with existing SEMs and INCAEnergy, no unique hardware is required