For the very first time in ALD (Atomic Layer Deposition) history, roll–to–roll has been made viable and accessible for research and industrial production. The WCS 500 offers true roll–to–roll ALD on flexible webs up to 500 mm in width.
The Beneq WCS 500 has been designed as a development platform, which means it can address the different R&D needs of different customers. As an example, the WCS 500 can handle many types of substrate materials and thicknesses. With a coating capacity of 400,000 m2/year, the WCS 500 expands easily from R&D to pilot production for many industrial applications, including moisture barriers for flexible organic electronics and buffer layers for CIGS solar cells.
- true roll-to-roll ALD process
- maximum web width 500 mm
- non-contacting web handling
- capacity 400,000 m2/year (for specific application)
System main components
- Vacuum chamber with web reels, processing drum and ALD coating head
- Beneq Precursor Delivery System (PDS)
- Electrical and control cabinet
- Precursor de-activation system
- Vacuum pump