6000ILM AFM seamlessly integrates the capabilities of an atomic force microscope
with those of an inverted light microscope or a confocal microscope, letting
life science researchers go beyond the optical diffraction limit to achieve
nanoscale resolution without any special sample preparation. It is ideal for
studying cell membranes, the surface structure of cells, single DNA/RNA strands,
individual proteins, single molecules, and biopolymers.
extends the capabilities of optical microscopes by allowing molecular imaging,
live-cell imaging, force studies, and mechanical stimulus studies to be conducted
with a single-system solution, all while preserving an efficient, natural workflow.
This innovative solution from Agilent Technologies utilizes a computer-controlled
laser with automated photodetector alignment and offers simple point-and-shoot
AFM imaging based on an optical image. A high-stability, low-noise motorized
stage directs the movement of the sample beneath the AFM tip for measurement.
Researchers can perform fluorescence or DIC imaging simultaneously with AFM
imaging and quickly create high-precision overlays of the resultant images.
facilitates high-resolution topography and mapping, the ability to collocate
points of interest sequentially, and the acquisition of more detailed information
about a sample’s structure and material property domains. Additional advantages
include patented MAC Mode for unrivaled in-liquid imaging, PicoTREC for real-time
molecular recognition imaging, and force spectroscopy for experiments such as
- High-precision overlays of light microscopy and AFM images
- Simple point-and-shoot AFM imaging based on optical view
- Motorized stage directs movement of sample beneath AFM tip
- Computer-controlled laser with automated photodetector alignment
- Thin, stable sample holders (~170µm cover glass)
- Simple mounting of 35mm Petri dishes, liquid cells
- Nanoscale resolution without special sample preparation requirements
- Molecular imaging, live-cell imaging, force studies, and mechanical
- Patented MAC Mode option enables unparalleled in-fluid and soft-sample
- PicoTREC tool kit option for real-time molecular recognition imaging
- Heating control available from ambient to 80°C with 0.1°C