The analysis of friction and wear properties of materials at elevated temperatures has become increasingly important, especially in regards to the development and quality control of combustion engine and power plant constituent parts. To meet the resulting need for quantitative data at elevated thermal conditions, Anton Paar has extended its range of pin-on-disk Tribometers by creating a powerful high-temperature version which can accurately simulate in-service conditions.
- Precisely calibrated friction and wear measurements at elevated temperatures up to 1000°C
- Efficient heating/cooling system to accurately maintain desired test temperature
- High thermal stability
- Automatic shut-off at selected track length or friction coefficient threshold
- Test in liquids, within their thermal stability range
- Testing conforms to DIN 50324, ASTM G99 and ASTM G133.
- Electrical contact resistance (ECR)
- Continuous wear depth measurement
- Vacuum setup