The TFS 200 is the most flexible ALD research platform ever designed for research and development. All details of the system are realized with flexibility, modularity and ease of use in mind. With the TFS 200, the freedom of coating and application development is placed completely in the hands of the operator, not limiting it by system-related restrictions.
Plasma, particle and high aspect ratio ALD
Direct and remote plasma-enhanced deposition (PEALD) is available in the TFS 200 as a standard option. The plasma is capacitively-coupled (CCP), which is the industry standard of today. Particle ALD™, developed by ALD NanoSolutions, Inc., is also available for the first time in commercial research ALD systems, thanks to a unique collaboration agreement with Beneq. The TFS 200 can coat planar objects, particles, porous bulk materials and complex 3D shapes with very high aspect ratio features. Depending on the substrate, a selection of three standard reaction chamber designs are available, as well as any customized designs our customers’ cases might require.
The precursor capabilities of the TFS 200 are unique. A total maximum of 8 gas lines, 4 liquid sources and 4 hot sources fulfil the most demanding of requirements. Hot source options include temperature readiness up to 500 °C.
- Down to 100 nm particle coating in fluidized bed reactor option
- Direct and remote capacitive coupled plasma available for plasma-enhanced ALD (PEALD) option
- Process cycle time customarily less than 2 seconds. In specific cases even less than 1 second (thickness uniformity variation < ±1% for, e.g., Al2O3 on 200 mm wafer).
- High Aspect Ratio (HAR) available for structures with deep trenches and porous substrates
- Hot source versatility, up to 500 °C setup as standard option
- 1000 °C substrate temperature option
- High speed and capacity data logging and trend tools for human machine interface (HMI)
- Cold-wall vacuum chamber for rapid heating and cooling
- Auxiliary entry ports in vacuum chamber enable plasma, in situ diagnostics etc.
- Hot-wall reaction chamber for uniform substrate temperature and to prevent precursor condensation and secondary reactions
- Three different reaction chamber designs, as well as any customized design
- Substrate rotation option
- Load lock available for rapid substrate change and integration with other equipment
- Clean-room compatible.