The Atomic Force Microscope (AFM), has been the instrument of choice for three dimensional measurements at the nanometer scale. With the MFP-3D Stand Alone (MFP-3D-SA) AFM, scientists can now choose a sensitive and precise AFM with the lowest noise performance that also includes a complete scientific software environment. The MFP-3D-SA is ideal for many applications including physics, material science, polymers, chemistry, nanolithography, bioscience, and quantitative nanoscale measurements. The MFP-3D has the flexibility to acquire your data, analyze it, and even make publication-ready graphics. Your imagination is your only limit.
- Sensored, closed loop positioning for high resolution imaging, accuracy, and reproducibility.
- Pioneering all-digital controller for open software adaptability, power and flexibility.
- Built-in advanced features such as real-time 3D rendering, nanolithography/nanomanipulation, and Dual AC™ Mode for dual resonance and harmonic imaging.
- Designed for flexibility and expandability, with a wide range of available system, environmental and application options to enhance capabilities, including nanoindentation and Piezoresponse Force Microscopy (PFM).
Sensored optical lever with diffraction limited optics and a low coherence light source virtually eliminates interference artifacts. The NPS™ sensored Z axis provides precise measurements of the cantilever position for accurate force and topography measurements.
MFP-3D XY Scanner
The MFP-3D uses a flexured scanner and patented NPS sensors which measure the exact position of each axis (X-Y). They correct for hysteresis and creep, providing flat scans and the ability to accurately zoom and offset with one mouse click.
Three configurations for illuminating and viewing your sample:
- Top view for opaque samples
- Bottom view for transparent samples
- Dual view for both viewing options
All-Digital ARC2™ Controller and Software Flexibility
All-digital configuration allows virtually the entire system operation to be controlled through the MFP software interface (IGOR Pro) for easy addition of new microscope capabilities.
- 100% digital for low noise, fast operation, and flexibility
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) and Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
- Fast analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog conversions