The MinFlex series of benchtop X-ray Diffraction Analyzers is a general purpose X-ray diffractometer that can perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of polycrystalline materials. Two variations of MiniFlex are available these are:
- MiniFlex 600 – operating at 600 W and two times as powerful as other benchtop models allowing rapid analysis and enhanced overall throughput.
- MinFlex 300 – operates at 300 W and does not need an external heat exchanger. Each model is designed to improve flexibility in a benchtop package.
The MiniFlex is suited for fast-paced XRD analyses, provides speed and sensitivity through novel technology enhancements. The optional graphite monochromator, combined with the standard scintillation counter, improves sensitivity by optimizing peak-to-background ratios. In case resolution is paramount, incident and diffracted beam slits can be chosen to provide the desired resolution. For high sample throughput, MiniFlex is the only benchtop XRD system with an available sample changer.
The standard MiniFlex includes the latest version of PDXL, which is Rigaku's full-function powder diffraction analysis package. The latest version of PDXL offers significant features that include a fundamental parameter method (FP) for more precise peak calculation, phase identification using the Crystallography Open Database (COD), and a wizard for ab inito crystal structure analysis.
The key features of the MiniFlex are:
- New 5th generation design for 2012
- Compact, fail-safe radiation enclosure
- Incident beam variable slit
- Simple installation and user training
- Factory aligned goniometer system
- Laptop computer operation
Measurements possible using the MiniFlex are:
- Phase identification
- Phase quantification
- Percent (%) crystallinity
- Crystallite size and strain
- Lattice parameter refinement
- Rietveld refinement
- Molecular structure
Optional accessories of the MiniFlex are:
- 6-position autosampler
- Graphite monochromator
- High speed silicon strip detector
- Air sensitive sample holder
- Travel case