Malvern Instruments has designed an advanced zeta potential analyzer called Zetasizer Nano Z. The system is suitable for measuring electrophoretic mobility and zeta potential of colloids and nanoparticles using Laser Doppler Micro-Electrophoresis. It is ideal for applications where measurement of molecular weight or size is not needed.
The Zetasizer Nano Z system is available with a range of reusable and disposable cells to improve the measurement in terms of flow measurement, sample volume and concentration. The software is versatile, easy to use, and includes many features. Accessories include SV-10 viscometer and MPT-2 Autotitrator.
The main features of the Zetasizer Nano Z system are:
- Zeta potential using patented M3-PALS technology
- Temperature range extension option to 120°C
- Alternative laser, 50 mW at 532 nm for samples incompatible with conventional 633 nm laser
- Optical filter option to enhance measurements with fluorescent sample
- Autotitrator option allows automation of measurements
- Research software option provides access to additional features and analysis algorithms for the light scattering specialist
- 21CFR part 11 software option allows compliance with ER/ES
My whole team uses the Zetasizer Nano. If you do this type of work you need a Zetasizer.
Boris Lau, Environmental Nanoscience Laboratory, Baylor University