Zetasizer Nano S, a dynamic light scattering system from Malvern Instruments, combines the functions of both particle size analyzer and molecular weight analyzer. The system is user-friendly, versatile, and delivers high performance. It can be used for detecting aggregates, measuring dilute or high concentration samples, as well as for measuring molecular size and molecular weight.
The Zetasizer Nano S has the same sizing capability as the Zetasizer Nano Z and perfect for applications where the widest size range and highest sensitivity is required.
The main features of the Zetasizer Nano S are:
- Sample concentrations from 0.1 ppm to 40% w/v
- Automated temperature trend measurements
- Second virial coefficient measurement for solubility
- Molecular weight measurement down to 980 Da.
- Size measurement from 0.3 nm (diameter) to 10 µm using Non-Invasive Back Scatter (NIBS) technology
- Alternative laser, 50 mW at 532 nm for samples incompatible with the usual 633 nm laser fitted
- Autotitrator option allows automation of measurements
- Optical filter option to enhance measurements with fluorescent sample
- 21CFR part 11 software option allows compliance with ER/ES
- Temperature range extension option to 120ºC
- Systems can be upgraded to include zeta potential
- Protein size measurement as dilute as 0.1 mg/mL (Lysozyme)
- Flow mode capability to enable use as a GPC/SEC detector
- Research software option offers access to additional features and analysis algorithms for the light scattering specialist
- Expert advice report helps improve sample preparation or measurement process
We very much value the customer service and training opportunities from Malvern, in particular, the rapid diagnosis of any issues through direct internet connection with the Malvern customer service team has prevented us from suffering production downtime.
Dr. Cordula Grüttner, Micromod Partikeltechnologie GmbH