Zetasizer Nano ZSP, a premium particle characterization system from Malvern Instruments, is suitable for the characterization of nanoparticles and proteins where the highest sensitivity for zeta potential and size measurement is needed.
The Zetasizer Nano ZSP delivers excellent performance and includes a two angle particle and molecular size analyzer for improved measurement of low or high concentration samples; small or dilute samples; and for detection of aggregates using dynamic light scattering with non-Invasive Back Scatter (NIBS) optics.
The ZSP also includes a molecular weight analyzer using static light scattering and a zeta potential analyzer that employs electrophoretic light scattering for molecules, particles, and surfaces. In addition, the system includes a protein measurement option for protein mobility measurements.
The main features of the Zetasizer Nano ZSP are:
- Molecular weight measurement down to 980 Da
- Size measurement from 0.3 nm (diameter) to 10 µm using patented NIBS technology
- Excellent sensitivity for the zeta potential measurement of nanoparticles and proteins using patented M3-PALS technology
- Excellent protein size measurement sensitivity, 0.1 mg/mL (Lysozyme)
- Zeta potential of surfaces using accessory cell
- Sample concentrations from 0.1 ppm to 40% w/v
- Integrated protein calculators
- Chromatography detector capability to enable use as a size detector with GPC/SEC or FFF
- Autotitrator option allows automation of measurements
- Microrheology option to determine viscosity and viscoelasticity
- Research software option provides access to more features and analysis algorithms for the light scattering specialist
- Optical filter option to enhance measurements with fluorescent samples
- 21CFR part 11 software option to allow compliance with ER/ES