Malvern Instruments offers a modular GPC/SEC system called Viscotek Rimax. The system is designed for the relative molecular weight characterization of macromolecules, such as copolymers, natural and synthetic polymers, proteins, etc.
The Viscotek RImax incorporates a selection of modules, such as a refractive index detector, the GPCmax integrated solvent and sample delivery module, column oven, and a powerful OmniSEC software, the same as used in the TDAmax system.
The main features of the Viscotek Rimax are:
- In line degasser and automatic eluent sensor for out of solvent warning
- Relative molecular weight measurement and molecular weight distribution of proteins and polymers
- Autosampler improves repeatability and increases throughput
- Column oven provides repeatable elution profiles
- Sophisticated GPC/SEC software can switch from data to results in just two clicks
- 21 CFR part 11 compliant
- Can be upgraded to include UV detectors and light scattering (RALS and LALS) intrinsic viscosity to offer absolute molecular weight, size, structure and composition of polymers and proteins
We prepare many novel polymers and need the most powerful GPC technology available in order to fully characterize our materials. The multiple detectors of the Viscotek system provide us with critical compositional, structural, and molecular weight information, particularly for some of our more challenging materials. Equally important, however, is the support we’ve received from Malvern. Their GPC experts have helped us to find new and innovative ways to push the boundaries of the technique to new limits which have been beneficial for our studies.
Christopher Bielawski, Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas