The Viscotek HT-GPC system available from Malvern is a complete GPC system specifically designed for the structure and molecular weight characterization of polyolefins, without massive filtration of sample. The system can also handle other polymers, such as PVF, PEEK and polythiophene that require temperatures between 100°C and 160°C to remain in solution.
The Viscotek HT-GPC system incorporates a light scattering detector for complete molecular weight determination, a high temperature RI for use as a concentration detector, and a viscometer for intrinsic viscosity determination and branching. These detectors are optional so that the system can be tailored to both standard and universal calibration systems. To ensure safe handling, the HT-GPC system includes a temperature controlled column chamber.
The main features of the Viscotek HT-GPC system are:
- High sensitivity viscometer with excellent baseline stability and wide application flexibility
- Dual piston pump with very low pulsation and stable eluent flow to enhance detector performance
- Temperature controlled environment for injector and for up to seven columns and up to three detectors
- Automated sample filtration cuts down the number of preparation steps
- Automated sample preparation utilizing the Vortex autoprep/autosampler; operates up to 170°C without user intervention, making the system precise, safe, and productive
- Precise measurement of the polymer concentration utilizing a refractive index detector
- 90° Right Angle (RALS) detector offers optimum signal to noise ratio and a high degree of sensitivity for small molecules
- 7° Low Angle (LALS) detector determines the absolute MW directly sans extrapolation, data fitting or correction
- Digital Inert Transducer technology for faster and more sensitive response