The SECOM platform can be used for easily and quickly combining electron and light microscopy. In a single platform, it is possible for the user to obtain functional color information through fluorescence microscopy and structural information by using the scanning electron microscope. As the optical axes of both microscopes are aligned accurately, the overlay of the electron and fluorescent images become as easy as drag-and-drop.
The key features of the SECOM platform are:
- Confocal Laser Scanning Microcope - The CLSM combines a Nikon C2+ scanhead with a SECOM platform. Using a confocal microscope helps in obtaining an image stack for 3D image reconstruction.
- The confocal microscope gives high-resolution images, giving optimal electron-optical overlay.
- Wide-Field Fluorescence Microscope -This product integrates a wide-field epi-fluorescence microscope with the SECOM platform.
- This combination helps in obtaining a broad overview of the sample.
- It comes with navigation software which help obtain electron microscopy images based on the optical microscope, thus minimizing specimen damage.