The K850 critical point dryer from Quorum Technologies is highly versatile and easy to operate.
It has a built-in thermo-electric heating and adiabatic cooling, enabling precise temperature control. The vertical pressure chamber (32x47mm) has a side viewing port, which enables a clear view of the liquid meniscus during filling.
The K850 includes thermo-electronic heating and adiabatic cooling and temperature control of +5°C cooling and +35°C during heating. This enables pre-cooling of the chamber and ensures that the critical point is accurately obtained.
There are three valves in the K850 fluid inlet, flushing and a gas venting system which uses a fine needle valve to give a controlled pressure let down.
Thorough mixing of specimens with circulating fluids is ensured with a build-in magnetic stirrer.
The standard specimen holder has 12 individual wells (8Dx8H) and enables easy exchange and transfer to and from the K850.
The key features of the K850 are:
- Vertical chamber with top filling and bottom draining
- Side viewing port offers good visibility
- Built-in adiabatic cooling and thermoelectric heating - accurate temperature control
- Easy to operate valves - light finger pressure only is needed to open and close
- Safe operation - every K850 Critical Point Dryer is pressure tested to 2,500psi, fitted with a safety bursting disc and issued with a pressure certificate
- Fine control needle valve pressure let down - precise control of decompression avoids potential damage to specimens by uncontrolled pressure release
- Built-in magnetic stirrer- enhanced solvent exchange
- Temperature monitoring and control with thermal cut-out protection
- Pressure monitoring with safety cut-out for over pressure