The Quorum Q300TD is a free-standing, fully automatic sputter coater ideal for thin film applications and for conductive coating of scanning electron microscopy (SEM) specimens.
At the heart of the Q300TD is a large chamber fitted with two independent sputtering heads. This dual-head configuration enables two different metals to be sequentially sputtered without the need to 'break' vacuum. A dual channel film thickness monitor option is offered.
The system is developed to sputter a wide range of oxidizing metals, such as chromium (Cr) and aluminium (Al), and non-oxidising (noble) metals, eg gold (Au) and platinum (Pt).
The Q300T D sputter coater includes a 300 x 127mm work chamber and a specimen stage that accepts substrates of 2-4" wafer sizes as standard and 6" wafers with an optional stage accessory. Coating of larger specimens is enabled by an optional extended height glass chamber.
The key features of the Q300TD are:
- Fully automatic touch screen control enables rapid data input, simple operation
- Customer-defined coating protocols
- Has a dual sputter head for sequential sputtering of two different metals and ideal for many thin film applications
- A wide range of oxidizing and non-oxidizing targets are available
- Fine grain sputtering for advanced high resolution FE-SEM applications
- Large chamber format
- Coat logging including details of the last 100 coatings available on screen
- Optional dual channel film thickness monitor (FTM) module
- High-vacuum turbo pumping - To avoid a short target life, it is not advisable to use targets of less than 0.3mm for coatings of 50nm or thicker in conjunction with high sputter currents.
- Automatic vacuum control – It can be pre-programmed to suit the process and material, no needle valve to adjust
- It has a vacuum shut-down feature that leaves the process chamber under vacuum when not in use
- Pump hold enables the system to be held in continuous pumping mode, awaiting user input before continuing the process
- Features thick film capabilities up to 60 minutes sputtering time without breaking vacuum
- Ergonomic one-piece molded case - easy maintenance and service access
- Ethernet with local FTP server connection - simple programmer updates
- Power factor correction - complies with the current legislation (CE Certification) - efficient use of power means reduced running costs