The SC7620 from Quorum Technologies is an economic, compact sputter coater for SEM samples. In combination with the optional carbon attachment SC7620-CF, it makes an ideal low-cost SEM sputtering and carbon coating system package.
Furthermore, the SC7620 is fitted as standard with a glow discharge function, making it suitable for the hydrophilization, or ’wetting’, of carbon-coated TEM grids and other surface modifications.
A panel-mounted switch enables the system to be easily changed between sputter coating and glow discharge modes. The SC7620 is robust, easy to operate and has a three-year warranty.
The SC7620 is mainly designed for coating specimens prior to examination in tungsten filament SEMs. For extra fine grain coating required for most FE-SEM applications, high vacuum coating is required.
The key features of the SC7620 are:
- Low cost
- Simple operation
- Magnetic deflection sputter coating head
- Easy to change sputter targets - gold/palladium (Au/Pd) standard
- Robust and reliable
- Compact design, small footprint
- Glow discharge capability
- Carbon fibre evaporation option
- Adjustable height specimen stage