The Morphologi G3-ID offers a unique capability, integrating the automated static imaging features of the Morphologi G3 with chemical identification of individual particles using Raman spectroscopy.
This completely automated instrument is developed to permit both particle characterization scientists with limited spectroscopy experience and more experienced spectroscopists to obtain an in-depth understanding of their particulate samples.
The key features of the Morphologi G3-ID are:
- Measures particle size, particle shape and chemical identity in one platform
- Automates Morphologi G3 with Kaiser Optical Systems Inc. RamanRxn1 spectrometer
- Integrated dry powder dispersion with accurate dispersion energy control automates sample preparation for repeatable and reproducible measurements of both fragile and robust materials
- Simple SOP operation from sample dispersion through to size, shape and chemical analysis
- Automatic selection, targeting and chemical classification of 1000’s of individual particles
- Export function for third party forensic library investigations
- Single point manual targeting mode for manual selection of particles for chemical analysis
- Powerful and intuitive software interface making both visual and statistical interpretation of your data easier than ever
Over the last few years we’ve witnessed increasing levels of interest in the area of Raman spectroscopy, and we’ve invested heavily in our KnowItAll® Raman spectral library. We’re pleased that Malvern Instruments has decided to extend access to this valuable resource via the Morphologi G3-ID, an instrument that streamlines the application of Raman within established particle characterization workflows.
Gregory Banik, General Manager, Bio-Rad Laboratories