This is the first comprehensive book covering all aspects of the use of carbonaceous
materials in heterogeneous catalysis. It covers the preparation and characterization
of carbon supports and carbon-supported catalysts; carbon surface chemistry
in catalysis; the description of catalytic, photo-catalytic, or electro-catalytic
reactions, including the development of new carbon materials such as carbon
xerogels, aerogels, or carbon nanotubes; and new carbon-based materials in catalytic
or adsorption processes. This is a premier reference for carbon, inorganic,
and physical chemists, materials scientists and engineers, chemical engineers,
Key Topics Covered:
- Physico-chemical properties of carbon materials: a brief overview (Ljubisa
- Surface chemistry of carbon materials (Teresa J. Bandosz).
- Molecular Simulations applied to adsorption on and reaction with carbon
(Zhonghua (John) Zhu).
- Carbon as catalyst support (Francisco Rodrguez-Reinoso and Antonio Sepúlveda-Escribano).
- Preparation of carbon-supported metal catalysts (Johannes H. Bitter and
Krijn P. de Jong).
- Carbon as catalyst (Jos‚ Luis Figueiredo and Manuel Fernando R. Pereira).
- Catalytic properties of nitrogen-containing carbons (Hanns-Peter Boehm).
- Carbon anchored metal complex catalysts (Cristina Freire and Ana Rosa Silva).
- Carbon nanotubes and nanofibers in catalysis (Philippe Serp).
- Carbon gels in catalysis (Carlos Moreno-Castilla).
- Carbon monoliths in catalysis (Karen M. de Lathouder, Edwin Crezee, Freek
Kapteijn and Jacob A. Moulijn).
- Carbon materials as supports for fuel cells electrocatalysts (Frédéric
Maillard, Pavel A. Simonov and Elena R. Savinova).
- Carbon materials in photocatalysis (Joaquim Lus Faria and Wendong Wang).
- Carbon-based sensors (Jun Li).
- Carbon Supported Catalysts for the Chemical Industry (Venu Arunajatesan,
Baoshu Chen, Konrad Möbus, Daniel J. Ostgard, Thomas Tacke and Dorit