Markets, the leading source for international market research and market
data, has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Environmental
and Human Health Impacts of Nanotechnology " to their offering.
Nanotechnology is a rapidly expanding field receiving extensive funding and
development worldwide. A large number of novel processes occcur on the nanoscale,
and the unique properties of nanoparticles offer potential benefits in a range
of applications, from consumer products to medicine and environmental protection.
However, there remains considerable uncertaintity with regard to the hazards
and risks associated with nanoscience. An increased understanding of the environmental
and human health impacts of engineered nanoparticles is essential for the responsible
development of nanotechnology and appropriate evidence-based policy and guidelines
for risk assessment.
Presenting the latest advances in the field from a variety of scientific disciplines,
this book offers a comprehensive overview of this challenging, inter-disciplinary
Topics covered include:
- The properties, preparation and applications of nanomaterials
- Characterization and analysis of manufactured nanoparticles
- The fate and behaviour of nanomaterials in aquatic, terrestrial and atmospheric
- Ecotoxicology and human toxicology of manufactured nanoparticles
- Occupational health and exposure of nanomaterials
- Risk assessment and global regulatory and policy responses
Understanding the behaviour and impacts of nanotechnology in the environment
and in human health is a daunting task and many questions remain to be answered.
Environmental and Human Health Impacts of Nanotechnology will serve as a valuable
resource for academic researchers in nanoscience and nanotechnology, environmental
science, materials science and biology, as well as for scientists in industry,
regulators and policy makers.