With a track record of launching 'industry firsts' X-ray analytical instrument manufacturer, PANalytical (Almelo, The Netherlands), raised the bar again in both XRF and XRD at this year's Pittcon 2010 conference and expo (1-4 March, Florida, US). With the launch of a number of significant new platforms, products and solutions across all areas of its business, PANalytical demonstrated its focus on the need for future scalability in all its instruments, while delivering added value and optimum cost-effectiveness now.
In 2010 PANalytical will deliver faster analysis, more flexible solutions and improved system uptime. Innovations launched at Pittcon 2010 include:
- Empyrean: the only XRD platform handling four sample types: powders, thin films, nanomaterials and solid objects. It is a high-performance, multi-purpose X-ray diffraction (XRD) system with newly developed X-ray source, state-of-the-art goniometer, unique new sample stages and cradles, easy-access radiation housing, and the world's first 3D detection system on a diffraction platform, the PIXcel3D detector
- AxiosmAX: an enhancement of the company's proven Axios range of X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometers through the incorporation of the SST-mAX X-ray tube, featuring PANalytical's proprietary ZETA Technology for like new performance over the life of the X-ray tube
- Axios 1 kW: new to the Axios family is a low-power, high-performance WDXRF system that offers an economical, no chiller required system with the rugged reliability and accuracy you expect from PANalytical
- Cubix3: the third generation X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD) range for high-throughput industrial quality and process control
- Eagon 2: a fully automatic benchtop dual fused bead preparation system
- Omnian for MiniPal brings advanced standardless analysis to the benchtop for the first time
PANalytical's continued success is as much about relationships with customers as it is about future-proof, cost-effective technology. Considered by many of its customers as a collaborator or team-mate, close connections drive the company's innovation, inform its development programs and stimulate its extensive support capabilities and commitment to the XRF and XRD marketplace. New systems may have taken center stage at Pittcon, but existing customers will benefit from retrofits, upgrades, customizable support packages and dedicated plug-ins and new add-ons throughout 2010 to keep their current systems up to date.