SouthWest NanoTechnologies Inc. (SWeNT), the world leader in high quality, Single-Wall and Specialty Multi-Wall (SMW) carbon nanotubes (CNT), is expanding its research and production team to meet increasing commercial demand.
The five new personnel include a 25-year veteran with operations management experience and a Ph.D. to head up the Company's lab operations. These five new team members will add to SWeNT's production capabilities as the Company commences significant production activities in 2011.
"We're expanding our leadership in the high quality CNT production area with new team members who offer a wealth of knowledge and experience that will immediately enhance our creative and commercial capabilities," said Dave Arthur, CEO of SWeNT. "Carbon nanotube applications are becoming more widespread, and we're close to reaching specific milestones that will increase CNT usability." SWeNT now has 29 employees, 25 of which will work in its Norman, Oklahoma headquarters.
Among the new SWeNT operations team members are:
- Eusebio Roman, plant manager -- Eusebio has more than 25 years of engineering and operations management experience, having worked as plant manager with Johns Manville and site manager at BioLab (a subsidiary of Great Lakes Chemicals). Prior to that, he worked in various engineering and operations management positions at PPG. Eusebio holds a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Puerto Rico.
- Randall Kooiman, plant engineer -- With more than 20 years of engineering and facilities management experience, Randall specializes in improving refining, fractionation and chemical plant operations. He was previously president at Plant Management, Inc. where he focused on start-up operations, growth and optimization. Prior to that, he served as vice president and plant manager for ONEOK Hydrocarbon (formerly Koch Hydrocarbon) and was responsible for management of fractionation operations. Randall holds a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from The University of Minnesota, Institute of Technology. He is a member of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers and The American Institute of Chemical Engineers.
- Samina Azad, laboratory manager -- Prior to joining SWeNT, Samina served as a senior scientist and laboratory supervisor at STERIS Corporation. She also has held research positions at GrafTech Carbon Company, Rice University and the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. Samina holds a Ph.D. in physical chemistry from the University of Wisconsin, and earned both an M.S. and B.S. in Chemistry from Dhaka University in Bangladesh.
- Chris Edwards, plant technician - Prior to joining SWeNT, Chris worked at LensCrafters as a Lab Technician and Manager. He brings his knowledge of safety regulations that include proper storage and use of chemicals as well as machine maintenance for efficient productivity.
- Ted Lowery, laboratory technician - Prior to joining SWeNT, Ted was working at Environmental Management, Inc., as an Emergency Spill Coordinator. Previously, he spent 11 years at Interplastic Corporation in quality management efforts. Ted has an extensive background in environmental health and safety.