BBI join EMD Millipore and Kinematic to run a
seminar on lateral flow and ensuring faster, higher performing and more robust systems.
The October seminar will educate registrants on how to develop and
manufacture a lateral flow test and provide new insights into how
superior quality components, established research and development
processes and highly efficient machinery, guarantee faster, higher
performing and more robust assay systems.
The practical elements of the course will allow theory to be put
into practice as a lateral flow test is built; culminating with the end
user being able to read this test with BBI’s new Novarum smartphone
The Seminar, taking place on the 2nd and 3rd October in San Diego,
incorporates BBI’s understanding of market requirements as well as the
available new technologies which are enhancing lateral flow. “We are
constantly updating lateral flow technology to improve performance
whilst ensuring the cost per test allows for market penetration”
commented Morag Leaver, BBI’s Head of R&D. “This seminar will allow
us to share our experience and highlight the advancements within the
field of lateral flow”.
The seminar is designed for professionals involved in the
development and manufacture of lateral flow test kits. Scientists,
engineers and technicians working in R&D and product development
will also benefit. Presentations are by PATH, EMD Millipore,
BBInternational and Kinematic.
In more detail, the seminar will cover the following elements,
providing an all-encompassing perspective for those working towards
development of the best performing assay.
- Contract R&D for lateral flow – design phases, qualitative
versus quantitative assays plus regulatory considerations
- Design considerations for lateral flow test strips
- Design for manufacturability
- Membrane technology - manufacturing, properties, testing, storage
- Reagent chemistries and labels of choice for lateral flow
- Antibodies and blockers
- Matrix modules, primer to lab, striping machinery and settings
- Pad materials – important properties and selection
- QC testing considerations – patient samples, characterization
- Contract manufacturing and test validation
- Equipment validation
- NEW Novarum Reader, molecular and future technologies
The event will also provide networking opportunities in the form of
a cocktail and canapé reception on the first evening. For more
information visit www.bbigold.com.