Research and Markets has announced the addition of Elsevier Science and Technology's new report "Handbook of Thin Film Deposition. Edition No. 3" to their offering.
The Handbook of Thin Film Deposition is a comprehensive reference focusing on thin film technologies and applications used in the semiconductor industry and the closely related areas of thin film deposition, thin film micro properties, photovoltaic solar energy applications, new materials for memory applications and methods for thin film optical processes. In a major restructuring, this edition of the handbook lays the foundations with an up-to-date treatment of lithography, contamination and yield management, and reliability of thin films. The established physical and chemical deposition processes and technologies are then covered, the last section of the book being devoted to more recent technological developments such as microelectromechanical systems, photovoltaic applications, digital cameras, CCD arrays, and optical thin films.
- A practical survey of thin film technologies aimed at engineers and managers involved in all stages of the process: design, fabrication, quality assurance and applications.
- Covers core processes and applications in the semiconductor industry and new developments in the photovoltaic and optical thin film industries.
- The new edition takes covers the transition taking place in the semiconductor world from Al/SiO2 to copper interconnects with low-k dielectrics.
- Written by acknowledged industry experts from key companies in the semiconductor industry including Intel and IBM.
- Foreword by Gordon E. Moore, co-founder of Intel and formulator of the renowned 'Moore's Law' relating to the technology development cycle in the semiconductor industry.