NanoSight are pleased to annouce that Matteo Dalla Valle from the REACH Centre as well as Denis Koltsov will now be joining NanoSight CEO Jeremy Warren for their next Webinar, "Update on the EU Nanomaterials Definition: Impact of Recent EU and JRC Publications".
The webinar will take place on Wednesday 14th November, at 3:00pm and 5:00pm GMT (10:00am and 12:00pm EST).
The outline agenda for this 30 minute webinar is as follows:
- Review the JRC methods document and discuss the key conclusions and the challenges presented.
- Outline the EU's Second Regulatory Review and forthcoming legislation where it will have most impact.
- Report on the USA perspective concerning regulation of nanomaterials. This reporting will include matters tabled at SENN2012 - International Congress on Safety of Engineered Nanoparticles and Nanotechnologies, at the end of this month in Helsinki.
As part of this fully interactive presentation you will be able to put your question to Matteo, Denis and Jeremy Warren, CEO of Nanosight, so please take advantage of this opportunity to clarify any queries you may have.
Please visit the registration page to register for the webinar.
The six months since NanoSight's last webinar on Nanomaterials has seen publication of two important documents:
- The Joint Research Centre (JRC) have produced Requirements on measurements for the implementation of the European Commission Definition of the Term "nanomaterial".
- The Commission of the European Union have published their Second Regulatory Review on Nanomaterials.
Whilst the first document describes potential characterisation methodologies for Nanomaterials, the second document emphasises the EU's support of the Nanomaterials definition from 2011 and restates intent that this be part of legislation.
For more information on the impact of these two documents and how NanoSight can help go to www.nanosight.com.