Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The World Market for Nanocomposites (Metal Nanoparticles, Nanotubes, Nanoclays, Nanofibers, Graphene, Fullerenes and POSS)" report to their offering.
Global revenues for polymeric nanocomposites were approximately US$223.15m in 2009. A diverse range of markets are being impacted by polymer nanocomposites such as aerospace and aviation, automotive, food, pharmaceutical and electronics packaging, electrical and electronic goods, sporting goods and medicine.
Clay nanocomposites have the largest market share with revenues of approximately $89.65m in 2009, with main application markets in packaging, flame retardants and aerospace and aviation (including military applications). The largest application market for nanocomposites in 2009 were plastics and packaging ($49.5m), aerospace and aviation ($45.4m, including military) and automotive ($28.35m). By 2017 annual global revenues are projected to be approximately US$1040.5m.
The market for clay nanocomposites will continue to grow in the packaging sector. Packaging will remain the largest market for polymer nanocomposites ($253m), followed by aerospace and aviation ($163.5m), automotive ($110m), energy ($101m, representing the largest growth area) and electronics and semiconductors ($89m).
Report contents include:
- Applications by market and technology for Metal Nanoparticles, Nanotubes, Nanoclays, Nanofibers, Graphene, Fullerenes and POSS composites
- Market revenues to 2017, by nanocomposites type and end user markets
- Market structure
- Market drivers
- Key producers
- Key players by market
- Over 350 company profiles including products and end user markets
- Over 100 tables and figures
- End user markets covered include Aerospace and Aviation, Automotive, Consumer Goods, Electronics and Semiconductors, Energy, Environment and Water, Medical and Bio, Military and Defense, and Packaging and Plastics lI>
Key Topics Covered:
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- REPORT METHODOLOGY
- INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
- NANOPLATELET COMPOSITES- NANOCLAY AND EXPANDED-GRAPHITE
- CARBON NANOTUBES COMPOSITES
- POLYMER METAL PARTICLE NANOCOMPOSITES
- NANOFIBER COMPOSITES
- FULLERENE AND POSS COMPOSITES
- GRAPHENE COMPOSITES
- NANOCOMPOSITES END USER MARKETS