Piezo system specialist PI’s new E-712 digital
piezo stage controller was designed for the most demanding accuracy and
dynamic-performance requirements of multi-axis piezo nanopositioning
systems. Its highly modular design allows flexible configuration, easy
upgradeability and adaptation to changing requirements in any scanning
or positioning application.
Features and Advantages of the E-712 Piezo Stage Controller
- Digital Controller of the Latest Generation: up to 50 kHz
Sensor Update Rate; Highly Stable 20-bit D/A Converters, 600 MHz
- Ethernet Interface for Remote Control Through the Internet
- Real-Time Operating System for Better Multi-Axis Trajectory
- Digital Linearization Algorithms Based on Higher-Order
Polynomials Improve the Positioning Accuracy to 99.999% of the Travel
- Dynamic Digital Linearization Eliminates Tracking Errors in
highly Dynamic Scanning Applications
- Interchangeability of Controller and Mechanics w/o
- Flexible Interfacing: USB, Ethernet, RS-232, High-Bandwidth
- Integrated Power Amplifiers, Optional External High-Power
Higher Precision Due to Real Time Operating System and Custom
Due to its high-performance processor and real time operating
system the controller can precisely control the trajectory of up to 6
axes even during high-velocity motion on a millisecond time scale.
Proprietary linearization algorithms deal with the nonlinear
nature of PZT actuator material and reduce motion errors to 0.001% of
the travel range. The high position sensor sampling rate of 50 kHz,
provides plenty of margin even for ultra-fast piezo stages with
sub-millisecond response times. 20 Bit DA-converters and ultra-low
noise voltage amplifiers round out this cutting edge system.
Versatile Interfacing and Software Support
With USB, Ethernet, RS-232 and optional high-bandwidth analog
interfaces the controller can adapt to any environment.
Ethernet allows remote control and complete system setup, configuration
and parameter readout through the Internet, a decisive advantage for
OEMs. All parameters can be checked and reset via software.
User-interface software, LabView drivers and DLLs are provides and
PI’s general command set (GCS) lets users swap the controller
for any other PI unit in the future without rewriting their code.