Hitchin, SG4 0TW
PH: 44 (01462) 427 850
Visit MERL Website
Request Quote for Further Information
MERL is an independent materials research company, founded in 1986, located in Hitchin, 50 miles (80 km) north of London, England. Materials testing and design analysis being our core activities within the field of materials research. MERL is registered to ISO 9001 by BSI and a member of AIRTO (Association of Independent Research and Technology Organisations). MERL also hold Investors in People (IIP) status.
MERL offers a range of independent contract R & D services and consultancy in polymer engineering with a multi-disciplinary team of highly qualified staff.
- Specialist knowledge of non-metallic and related materials (rubber, TPE, thermoplastics
- Mechanical testing of materials and components
- Stress, chemical, failure and design analysis including FEA
- Chemical resistance testing including material compatibility and durability assessment in hostile environments
- Rubber compounding and prototype development
- Engineering design & manufacture of bespoke test equipment
- Specialist training courses
- Licensing of IPR
Services are provided internationally to the oil and gas, automotive, aerospace/defense, medical, civil, chemical, utilities and other industries.