We are developing and intend to design, manufacture and sell advanced energy storage components and devices based on our patented e3 Supercell technology.
We believe our application specific e3 Supercell prototypes will offer several key performance advantages over conventional lead-acid batteries including:
- significantly higher power delivery rates;
- significantly faster recharge rates;
- significantly longer cycle lives in deep discharge applications;
- reduced premature failures and warranty claims;
- more environmentally friendly ...70% less lead; and
- entirely maintenance free.
Our current operations are conducted by our Canadian subsidiary, Axion Power Corporation, at a research and development center located in Woodbridge, a suburb of Toronto, Ontario. Our facility contains approximately 14,000 square feet of floor space including 5,000 square feet of management, administrative and engineering offices, 5,000 square feet of manufacturing facilities and 4,000 square feet of research laboratories.
We are currently establishing facilities in the United States to begin production of our e3 Supercell batteries. Our planned manufacturing facilities include an electrode fabrication facility and a seperate battery manufacturing facility.