GATECH - Manufacturing Research Center
813 Ferst Drive, N.W.
PH: 1 (404) 894 9100
Visit GATECH - Manufacturing Research Center Website
Request Quote for Further Information
MARC provides an infrastructure for all types of manufacturing related research by initiating and implementing research programs and agendas that optimize the many strengths that are already in place at Georgia Tech. A world-class facility in manufacturing processes, applications, and technological solutions to manufacturing problems, MARC brings together a multidisciplinary faculty and student body that targets specific industry needs in long- and near-term research.
Initially focusing on electronics manufacturing, MARC’s research programs have grown to encompass a myriad of fields in manufacturing research, including precision machining, rapid prototyping, environmentally conscious design and manufacturing, information technology, surface mount technology, printed wiring board assembly, electronic packaging, acoustics/vibrations, polymers/composites, tribology, phosphor development, robotics, mechatronics design, and simulation/optimization, among other
There are six key research components in MARC that leverage the Center’s unique capabilities to the world-wide manufacturing community. These vital MARC assets include:
- Center for Board Assembly Research (CBAR)
- Environmentally Conscious Design & Manufacturing Program (ECDM)
- Factory Information Systems (FIS) Group
- Information Technology for Integrating Manufacturing Enterprise Systems (iTIMES) Center
- Precision Machining Research Consortium (PMRC)
- Rapid Prototyping & Manufacturing Institute (RPMI)