Inframat® Corporation ("IMC") is an emerging technology company founded in 1996 to develop nanostructured materials to improve performance and extend the life of coated components used throughout the global infrastructure. To date, the Company has been funded over $8 MM primarily through "customer-based financing," i.e. Government contract R&D and corporate joint development. Its rapid sales growth was recently recognized by a Y2002 Deloitte & Touche Connecticut Technology Fast50 Award, a first for a "pure play" nanotechnology company.
Inframat's patented core nanotechnologies are built around:
- low cost wet chemistry techniques to synthesize nanomaterials in high volume quantities
- reconstitution of nanostructured powder feedstocks for thermal spray of nanocoatings, as well as the Solution Plasma Spray (SPSTM) method
Major product development activities are in the areas of:
- thermal spray nanocoatings for Thermal Barrier Coatings (TBCs) and wear resistant dense ceramic and hardmetal nanocoatings
- magnetic nanocomposites with superior magnetic properties
- implantable bio-devices, including hydroxyapatite and biosensors
- environmental applications, including chrome replacement coatings and nanofibrous catalysts
- manufacture of superfine tungsten carbide, WC
IMC’s pilot plant is capable of manufacturing 20 tons of nanopowders for a wide variety of customer applications.