Laser Zentrum Hannover EV
PH: 49 (0511) 27 88 0
Visit Laser Zentrum Hannover EV Website
Request Quote for Further Information
On June 20, 1986 the Laser Zentrum Hannover e.V. (LZH) was founded under the patronage of the German State Ministry of Trade, Industry, Technology, and Transportation in Lower Saxony. The institution’s legal form is that of a registered association.
The association’s main task is to support applied research in laser technology on a non-profit basis. The LZH is involved in:
- R&D projects in the field of laser development and laser applications
- Technical and scientific consulting to link research and practice
- Industry-oriented training of experts for applying and operating laser systems
- The LZH cooperates closely with institutes at the University of Hannover:
- Institute of Quantum Optics
- Institute of Production Engineering and Machine Tools
- Institute of Material Science
- Furthermore, it cooperates with:
- Public Institution for Material Inspections (MPA Hannover)
- Welding Institute of Research and Training (Schweisstechnische Lehr- und Versuchsanstalt Hannover)
- Institute of Integrated Production Hanover
- The association operates on a non-profit basis, as laid down in the bylaws.
Research, development, and consulting are the main tasks of the LZH. Since its founding in 1986, the LZH has served as a competent link between physics-oriented and engineering-oriented fields.
The close cooperation between production engineers, material scientists, and physicists makes it possible that interdisciplinary solutions are found in all fields of laser applications.