The Buhler Grinding & Dispersing Technologies business unit supplies advanced process technology, plants and equipment wherever wet grinding and dispersing processes are of central importance.
• Printing inks - Offset, flexo, inkjet, security inks
• Coatings - Automotive, marine and industrial coatings
• Chemicals - Agrochemicals, fillers, fine chemicals
• Ceramics & Ferrites - Contamination-free processing of all types of ceramics, for mechanical and electronic components
• Electronic materials - Pastes for the production of LCD and PDP display screens, PCB, batteries, conducting and insulating pastes
• Cosmetics - Lipstick, make-up and mascara
• Minerals - TiO2, paper coatings CaCO3
• Pharmaceuticals - Active substances, carriers, vitamins
Especially in the printing inks and coatings business Buhler is a market leading supplier since more than nine decades. We are very proud of this widely acknowledged position.
The Buhler range of products goes far beyond pure machines and system components. Today, they offer total solutions, from process technology to turnkey production plants.
Buhler’s product portfolio includes fully automatic three-roll mills, batch and continuous mixing systems, bead mills for all applications, and peripheral infrastructure systems such as pneumatic conveying systems for moving hard-to-handle dry solids.
Research Team and Specialists
A motivated engineering and research team will develop innovative processes and new solutions for you. Modern laboratories and pilot plants in Switzerland, Germany, the USA, and Japan are available to you.
Buhler will help you fine-tune your processes. Qualified specialists are available for production planning, optimization and modernization programs as well as for improvements in production and processes.
As a Buhler customer, you will benefit from their dense global service network. Professional and motivated personnel are prepared to serve you on all continents in more than 140 countries anytime you require their help.
Efficient and innovative process development. Innovative solutions and services will enhance the added value of your production systems.
Therefore a broad evaluating process is essential in advance of your investment.
Buhler pilot plants in Switzerland, Germany, the USA, and Japan are all provided with state-of-the-art equipment:
• Bead mills
• Three-roll mills
• Extruder systems
• Pneumatic conveying systems
Experienced technologists with vast specialist knowledge will conduct extensive tests or partial tests. This guarantees efficient, reliable, and safe production.
• Machine specification
• Industrial-scale and performance tests
• Process development
• Pneumatic bulk material handling tests
• Analytical laboratory – viscosity, particle size distribution, electronic microscopy
Customized Nanoparticle Dispersions
In the markets of the Grinding & Dispersing business unit, a trend can be observed towards the application of increasingly small particles. This has led the Buhler Group in a natural manner to the field of nanotechnology.
Engineering and Automation
Buhler has the expertise for designing and constructing production systems worldwide. They offer all engineering and project management services – from process evaluation to the start-up of a plant.
Buhler engineers are uncompromisingly committed to quality, performance, reliability, and environmental aspects.
Cutting-edge engineering tools and our global service network ensure and sustain the success of all projects.
Machines and Production Plants
From single machine to complete production plants
• Feasibility and conceptual studies
• Plant engineering
• Development of new processes
• Project management
• Global sourcing and manufacturing concept
• Fine-tuning of processes
• System updates
Process Automation and Control
Process Automation and Control Designs
• Hardware and software engineering
• Process visualizations
• Dependable industrial standard solutions
• Updating of existing control systems
• Global online support
Equipment for Top Performance
Advanced, reliable, efficient. Buhler offers you a complete range of high-performance production equipment for all mixing, dispersing and wet grinding tasks.
Buhler machines are renowned for their top efficiency, reliability and performance.
• Complete range of single- and twin-shaft mixers
• Batch and continuous mixing systems
• Bead mills tailored to your specific application
• Target particle sizes down to the nanometer scale
• Steel and ceramic materials
• Machine sizes from laboratory to commercial high capacity scale
Three Roll Mills
• Complete range for all dispersing tasks
• Steel and ceramic materials
• VIVA – camberless roll technology
• Complete range of continuous high-capacity process equipment
• Co-rotating twin-screw extruders
To offer you unparalleled service is our top priority. Excellently trained service technicians in our service centres, strategically located around the world, ensure smooth production processes on our customers’ sites.
Our global spare parts distribution network maximizes the economy of Buhler plants and equipment on a permanent basis.
Installation and Start-Up
• Minimized installation and start-up time
• Professional construction site management
• Competent installation
• Expert start-up
Training of Customer Personnel
• Training seminars for operating and maintenance personnel
• Local personnel training courses on customers’ sites
• Targeted specialist courses in our technology laboratories
• Support provided by a global, efficient spare parts service
• Consulting by our engineers and service specialists
Reconditioning of Machines and Rolls
• A Buhler overhaul will make your rolls or machines look like new
• High product life cycle with consistently high product quality