Table of ContentsIntroductionNGPs - Properties and AdvantagesNGP Solutions for TelecommunicationsAbout Angstron Materials
Nano Graphene Platelets (NGPs) are similar to carbon nanotubes but have excellent performance characteristics compared to other nanomaterials. They are suitable for applications in industries such as:
- Medical and
NGPs - Properties and Advantages
The unique properties of NGPs from Angstron include the following:
- NGPs have a very high thermal conductivity of up to 5,300 W/(mK), which is five times that of the thermal conductivity of copper, while their density is four times lower than that of copper
- Excellent in-plane electrical conductivity of up to 20,000 S/cm
- NGPs are about 50 times stronger compared to steel
- They have a very high Young’s modulus of about 1,000 GPa and extremely high intrinsic strength of approximately 130 GPa
- NGPs have a specific surface area of up to 2,675 m2/g, which is twice the surface area of CNTs
- NGPs have a low density of about 2.25 g/cm3
- NGPs are available in a broad range of platelet lengths of 1 to 20 µm and thicknesses range of approximately 0.34 to 100 nm
- Single layer graphene is very thin with a thickness of just 0.34 nm
The figure below provides a graphical representation of the cost/perfromance benefits of NGPs of other competing material types.
Figure 1. Cost/performance comparison of some engineering materials including nano graphene platelets.
Nano graphene solutions offered by Angstron take care of problems related to viscosity and dispersion associated with processing of advanced materials that make use of carbon fibers and nanotubes.
NGP Solutions for Telecommunications
Angstron Materials' cost-effective NGPs can form a thin film, paper or coating for electrostatic charge dissipation (ESD) shielding and electromagnetic interference (EMI). NGPs can exceed the percolation threshold and can thus form an electron transport path network. They can help in producing lighter weight components due to their low density. NGPs are also suitable for thermal management layers in a densely packed microelectronic devices.
The NGPs from Angstron Materials are ideal for radio frequency interference (RFI) shielding for telecommunications devices such as mobile phones, computers and business machines. The applications of these NGPs are more when compared to that of nano-clay fillers, nano fibers, and nanotubes.
About Angstron Materials
Angstron Materials Inc., the world’s largest producer of nano graphene platelets (NGPs) specializes in helping companies engineer graphene solutions with mechanical, electrical and conductive performance advantages. They have the expertise to partner with customers throughout the commercialization process from initial screening to market launch.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Angstron Materials
For more information on this source, please visit Angstron Materials