The School of Biological Sciences (SBS) at The University of Auckland in New Zealand offers a variety of disciplines underpinning education and research, in a wide range of fields, including Plant Science, Microbiology, Marine Biology, Ecology, Bioscience Enterprise, Biomedicine, and Bioinformatics.
With more than 30 research projects being handled, SBS required to modernize its lab equipment to achieve improved efficiency and results. Identifying a reasonably priced, comprehensive microscopy imaging system capable of dealing with a variety of applications was a difficult task for the SBS.
With the requirement to handle many different applications and users, the software solution required to be user-friendly and Mac compatible. Generating high quality images with superior color reproduction was the most important requirement for SBS.
Lumenera's Imaging Solution to SBS
Lumenera and MEIJI Techno provided SBS with a complete solution that included MEIJI microscopes, Lumenera's INFINITY 2-1C microscopy cameras (Figure 1), INFINITY ANALYZE and INFINITY CAPTURE application software, as well as a classroom management software solution that enabled SBS to network the classroom.
Figure 1. Lumenera’s INFINITY2-1C microscopy camera.
Lumenera's INFINITY cameras have higher sensitivity with superior color reproduction. With these megapixel cameras, SBS is able to achieve the image quality required in demanding lab applications. The following are the reasons behind the selection of Lumenera cameras:
- Complete Imaging Solution - Provided microscope, camera, application software and classroom networking software all at a reasonable price. Like all standard Lumenera microscopy cameras, the INFINITY2-1 comprises of both INFINITY CAPTURE and INFINITY ANALYZE application software.
- Superior Image Quality and Color Reproduction – Lumenera's INFINITY color camera delivers higher quality images and superior color reproduction when compared to competitive cameras.
- User-Friendliness – In close cooperation with MEIJI and its local distributor Micro Imaging, Lumenera developed a complete solution, demonstrating the easy-to-use INFINITY software packages, the rapid plug-and-play deployment of the USB 2.0 cameras, and the ease of integration.
- Mac Compatibility – Lumenera offers a plug-in for download, enabling customers utilizing Macintosh computers to have a total control over Lumenera's INFINITY cameras.
- Classroom Management Networking Software – The networking solution is easy to install, user-friendly and suitable for teaching in a computer-based classroom, eliminating the disruptions that computers can bring to learning.
- Software Versatility – The flexibility and user friendliness of INFINITY software facilitates it as simple or difficult to utilize as required by students.
- Wide Range of Applications – the INFINITY camera is suitable for a myriad of applications, making it financially sensible when compared to lower priced cameras.
Lumenera is dedicated to work closely with customers to provide a suitable solution to fulfill their requirements through its novel products and continuous support.
Download the Brochure for More Information
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Lumenera Corporation.
For more information on this source, please visit Lumenera Corporation.