SonoPlot offers a precision picoliter fluid dispensing solution called GIX Microplotter II. The system is suitable for the microarray and polymer electronics markets.
The dispenser is a core of the Microplotter that employs controlled ultrasonics to deposit fluid in a noncontact way. This sophisticated technology can create picoliter droplets that draw features on a surface as small as 5µm.
Saturated solutions or viscous fluids can be deposited easily with the GIX Microplotter II system. Moreover, the ultrasonic pumping action serves as an efficient cleaning mechanism and helps in depositing many solutions quickly and sequentially.
The main features of the GIX Microplotter II are:
- Noncontact deposition
- Viscosities up to 450cP
- True contiguous lines, arcs and bends
- Suitable for electronics field
- Consistent spot size and shape with coefficients of variability as low as 10%
- 3-axis positioning with 5µm resolution
- FireWire camera with integrated digital video capture
- Automated surface height calibration
- Interchangeable holding platen for a variety of substrate sizes
- SonoGuide™ software for full automation and control
- SonoDraw™ software as a CAD layout tool
The main applications of the GIX Microplotter II are:
- Rapid prototyping
- Polymer microstructure fabrication
- pOLED printing
- Graphene / carbon nanotube printing
- Additive repair
- High-density protein microarrays
- Patterning of live cells