NT-MDT offers a fully automated AFM-Raman-SNOM system called SPECTRUM. This instrument integrates AFM with multiple optical techniques such as SNOM, TERS and confocal Raman/fluorescence microscopy in a compact design. It allows fast, easy and complete characterization of samples on the nanoscale.
AFM and Raman/fluorescence imaging involves two simple steps. First, the sample is surveyed without the cantilever to obtain a clear and wide field of view. Then, concurrent AFM and confocal Raman/fluorescence imaging of the preferred area is performed.
The SPECTRUM also allows automated removal of AFM probe when AFM probe is not needed or when there are low working distance objectives.
The main features of the SPECTRUM are:
- Fully automated and easy operation
- Advanced AFM capabilities
- Concurrent AFM and confocal Raman imaging through different objectives (up to 100x)
- Automated removal of AFM probe
- High precision positioning motors
- Free rotation of microscope turret with AFM probe on the sample
- HotSpot – automatic location of active TERS region on the probe
- Suitable for a wide range of applications
The applications of the SPECTRUM are:
- Semiconductor devices
- Graphene, carbon nanotubes and other carbon materials
- Nanowires, nanotubes, quantum dots and other nanoscale materials
- Optical device characterization: semiconductor lasers, optical fibers, waveguides, plasmonic devices
- Chemical reaction control
- Investigation of DNA, cellular tissue, viruses and other biological objects